Celebrating Artsmark – PartnershipsOctober 8, 2018
Commission For Young Artist TeamOctober 31, 2018
When Artsmark Comes to Town!
When St Helens achieved Artsmark Town status in June 2017, it was the result of an ambitious project led by St Helens Council and St Helens Music Education Hub, supported by Curious Minds. The strategic aim of the project was to deliver real and lasting change in cultural provision for the children of St Helens and Artsmark registered schools in the town are encouraged to engage with support from each other and cultural partners, as they continue their development journey.
"In 2017, St Helens achieved Artsmark Town status, which means that over 50% of schools in the borough are registered for the award. This is because here in St Helens we really recognise that arts are a fantastic driver for whole school improvement and that, when children and young people engage with arts and culture, they develop more confidence, ability, resilience and self discipline, which all impact positively on their attainment."
Announcing the Next Generation of Artsmark TownsFollowing on from the successful St Helens pilot that saw St Helens, Curious Minds is pleased to announce its support for 4 more Local Cultural Education Partnership (LCEP) areas that want to develop Artsmark strategically across their area, with the aim of becoming an Artsmark Town or Borough.
The basic criteria for an Artsmark Town/Borough are:
- 50% of schools in the LCEP area are registered and on their Artsmark journey
- Schools from all phases and SEND are included
- The Local Authority, Music Education Hub and key policy/decision makers are involved and committed to promoting the area as an Artsmark Town/Borough
- The process integrates Arts Council England’s Quality Principles
- The process integrates the development of Arts Award
- Peer to peer Support Networks are developed
- Arts and cultural organisations in the area are encouraged to become Artsmark Partners, and are involved in advocating to schools.
- Bolton – Greater Manchester
- Burnley – Lancashire
- Cheshire West and Chester with an ambition to include Cheshire East
- Sefton – Merseyside