Our vision is for an equal society where all children and young people are supported to achieve their creative potential and live fulfilled lives, rich with arts and culture.
Curious Minds works to place creativity and culture at the heart of education and other services for children and young people. Working across sectors, we aim to drive equal access, continuous improvement and innovation in the field of creative and cultural education.
We are proud to have been serving the North West of England as Arts Council England’s Bridge Organisation since 2012.
As leaders of the Cultural Education Challenge in the region, our goals are:
- to create access to the arts and culture for all children and young people
- to enable creative collaboration between the cultural and education sectors
- to work with schools, HIEs and cultural organisations to test and incubate innovative solutions to cultural and creative education
Our team includes people from across the worlds of culture, education and children's services; together we are deeply committed to enabling creative and inclusive practice for the benefit of all children and young people from birth to 25.
How we live our values (our 7Cs)
1We are Curious
- We look for opportunities and solutions (e.g. for income generation and organisational development)
- We are open to new ideas, come up with new ideas and am willing to try new things.
- We aim for best practice and, whenever possible, next practice in our areas of work - to be trailblazers.
2We are Courageous
- We are willing to be challenged about our own work and to challenge others where we can offer positive solutions for change.
- We are ambitious for ourselves and for the organisation, are proactive and take the initiative. We don’t just talk about it, we do it!
- We are comfortable with complexity; willing to start the journey without a map.
- We celebrate our own and our colleagues’ successes, whether little or big.
- We are strong ambassadors for Curious Minds, proud of the brand and promote it widely.
- We are strong ambassadors for arts and culture for children and young people and celebrate their successes too.
- We are not sole traders. We are aware of the impact we have, and can have, on others’ work and actively contribute to the success of colleagues.
- We communicate well and are fully present at meetings. We contribute meaningfully to team discussion and planning.
- We are committed to enabling creative collaboration and work positively towards this goal.
- We are respectful, courteous and aware of the impact our actions and emotions have on others. We express feelings and control our emotional responses appropriately.
- We care about children and young people and believe in the value of arts, culture and creativity.
- We value resources - financial and physical - and use them wisely, keeping in mind issues of equality, accountability and transparency.
6We are Conscientious
- We plan our workload to manage our time and achieve our goals.
- We come prepared to meetings and think before we speak/act.
- We deliver on commitments, give attention to detail, arrive on time, present ourselves professionally, meet deadlines and respond promptly to enquiries.
- We are reflective, reflexive and willing to adapt.
7We are Credible
- We are honest and truthful.
- We know our stuff and keep up to date with the latest developments. We say when we don’t know something and are willing to learn.
- We are confident and professional, knowing when to speak and when to keep quiet.