Opportunities for Project Partners, Carnival and Cultural Sector Operators from BrouhahaJanuary 22, 2015
Trailblaze – Marketing and Promotions OfficerJanuary 28, 2015
In-Situ is an artist led organisation based at Brierfield Library in Pendle. Our vision is to bring art into the mix of the existing culture of Pendle: for art to be part of everyday life.
|Outline of role:
We are looking for a creative, energetic person to join our artist led team. This an amazing opportunity for the right candidate to spend 12 weeks developing their artists skills within a art focused environment. You will be given creative support to create work that supports In-Situ art projects in Pendle.
This post is funded by Curious Minds as part of the Trailblaze programme. As a result of funding restrictions, the post can only be offered to 16 to 18 year olds*, we are particularly interested in hearing from you if you are not in education, employment or training, or you are currently studying an entry level or level one college course. The Trailblaze programme provides additional personal support when gaining employment and during the job itself. Please note you may be required to give evidence of your circumstances as part of the application process. All applications will be treated confidentially. If you are interested, but uncertain as to whether you are eligible or not, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat about the placement
*We may be able to accept some 19 – 20 year olds dependant on your personal circumstances
|Skills, knowledge & experience:
This role would suit someone who has…..
This is a great opportunity for someone who.…
|Knowledge & Skills|
|Other (Including special requirements):|
- Deadline for application Monday 2nd MARCH, 2015
- Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 4th March 2015
- Interviews will be held at Brierfield Library on Wednesday 11th March. The interview panel will consist of: 2 members of the In-Situ team.
- The role will commence in March 2015
- A cover letter outlining
o Why you are interested in this position.
o What you hope to achieve.
o Relevant experience, skills and attributes.
- Separate CV including names and contact details of two referees
- If available, evidence of work that shows your work: attached images, or links to website/blog/facebook pages etc.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO
Brierfield Library, Colne Road, Brierfield, Lancashire, BB9 5HW
To be received no later than 5 PM Monday 2nd MARCH, 2015
Mission and Purpose
In-Situ is a dynamic artist led not-for-profit organisation based at Brierfield Library in Pendle. We are about art, culture, environment, people and place. We explore how art and culture works as part of the mix of everyday life of the people of Pendle. Our work connects to, and reflects the people and the place, and is vibrant, raw and experimental.
We want to find out more about how art and culture works for people and the place it has, and could have, in their lives. Through this experience, we as artists want to deepen our understanding of art practice in the natural and built environment and how we live our lives to create socially engaging art of the highest calibre.
We Aim to:
- Work alongside communities and people to create visible, self-sustaining art and culture, through a regular artist’s programme.
- Listen to, nurture, and help shape people’s understanding of art towards a more confident appreciation of what it is, built on their own culture and experience.
- Encourage conversation between people and communities, exchanging our experiences and knowledge, to create new opportunities and ways of looking at the world and make a difference.
In Order to:
- Change people’s perception of place- to make people feel proud, to speak and act with confidence- to create more resilient and innovative communities.
- Help them find solutions to local issues and challenges and find new ways of seeing the world, to support them in being actively engaged in their futures.
Make new collaborations and connections between people happen and a more cohesive and connected community.