We’re Recruiting Culture & Arts Schools ExpertsAugust 8, 2019
A Teacher’s View of Leading the ArtsSeptember 12, 2019
Arts Council England announces the latest schools achieving Artsmark Award status, including 18 in the North West.Curious Minds is delighted to congratulate the very latest group of North West schools to achieve Artsmark status.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools; accredited by Arts Council England and awarded to schools which actively champion high quality art and cultural education within their curriculum. Culture and creativity increases pupils’ confidence, critical thinking, communication and literacy skills, improving attainment and bringing core subjects to life.
In order to achieve Artsmark status, these schools have demonstrated their commitment to incorporating art and culture into every student’s life and learning, as well as showing ambitious plans for the future. They will now continue their journey with the support of Curious Minds.
Over 700 schools across the region are on their Artsmark journey, either having received their award or working towards it.
The 18 most recently levelled North West schools are:
- The Derby High School, Bury - Platinum
- St Teresa's RC Primary School, Bolton - Gold
- Wirral Grammar School for Girls, Wirral - Gold
- Rose Hill Primary School, Stockport - Gold
- Lunts Heath Primary School, Cheshire - Gold
- St John's Church of England Primary School, Stockport - Gold
- Dowdales School, Cumbria - Gold
- Morland Area CofE Primary School, Penrith - Gold
- Balshaw Lane Community Primary School, Chorley - Gold
- Trinity St Peter's CofE Primary School, Merseyside - Gold
- Brookhurst Primary School, Wirral - Silver
- St James' CofE Junior School, Barrow-in-Furness - Silver
- Holy Trinity Catholic Primary School, Liverpool - Silver
- Masefield Primary School, Bolton - Silver
- Old Hall Drive Academy, Manchester - Silver
- Scorton Church of England Primary School, Preston - Silver
- St Austin's Catholic Primary School, Merseyside - Silver
- Eaves Primary School, Merseyside- Silver