HR Partner SoughtAugust 21, 2015
Creative Employment Programme – Funding Opportunity For Lancashire EmployersSeptember 4, 2015
WANT TO BE PART OF THE FILMMAKING INDUSTRY?
WE ARE NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS!
Live in Cumbria & North Lancashire?
Want to be the next big thing in filmmaking?
Signal Film & Media is part of the UK Network of BFI Film Academies, which offers young people the chance to be part of our future film industry.
We are looking for 18 of our areas most promising young filmmakers to take part in a free 3-month filmmaking project.
- Meet Industry professionals who will mentor you in different aspects of film making
- Be part of a crew that will make a top quality short film which will be premiered at HOMEmcr and entered into film festivals
- Watch some great short and feature films and find out more about how they were made
- Be guided through your next career steps
- On top of all that…you will work towards a recognised Creative Skillset qualification to help you get your foot in the door of a filmmaking career.
NEW FOR 2015! Signal Film are offering 5 places for an additional screenwriting course taking place over two weekends before the main programme begins, 26th September and 3rd October, where the script for the short film will be created. Those selected will also go on to take part in the whole project. Read the application form carefully and tick whether you would like to attend the additional screen-writing section.
DATES for the main programme run from Tuesday 20th October to 12th December 2015 and it’s free to take part. There are 18 places and those selected will be expected to attend all the dates. See the application formfor
DEADLINE for applications to the main programme is 10am Tuesday 6th October 2015. For those wanting to apply for the additional screenwriting opportunity the deadline is 10am Monday 14th September 2015.
Please note that places are limited and those shortlisted may be invited to an informal interview. Applications are only open to young people aged 16-19 living in Cumbria and North Lancashire.