Young People’s Producer Vacancy at Contact ManchesterFebruary 23, 2015
Carnival Arts Worker at Brouhaha, LiverpoolFebruary 24, 2015
HOPE STREET LIMITED is pleased to announce that it has secured funding through Curious Minds to provide an opportunity for a young person interested in working in the arts.
The young person will gain valuable part-time paid experience as an Administrative Assistant between April and July 2015.
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECTS
The successful applicant will be an Admin. Assistant to the staff team, supporting them on a variety of projects including:
- Sea of Faces – culminating in a video projection mapping spectacular on the front of the Three Graces on Liverpool’s waterfront as part of the Cunard’s 175th anniversary celebrations at the end of May.
- On the Verge – a festival of new work by emerging artists in unusual places and spaces.
- Trailblazers – a three year project for young people in North Liverpool subject to a successful funding bid to BBC Children in Need. This follows the first three years of the project which commenced in 2012.
ROLE OF THE ADMIN. ASSISTANT
The young person will provide general admin. assistance in relation to all of the above projects and provide a voice for young people as part of the developments of the projects. Taking a lead on social media for the organisation will also be a key responsibility.
The role will include:
- Updating the website, maintaining and updating social media
- Collecting and distributing the post
- Preparing rooms for hirers – eg setting tables up, preparing refreshments
- Filing and photocopying
- Answering the telephone, taking and distributing messages
- Welcoming visitors
- Inputting information to the database
- Assisting all staff in their roles, as required
We are looking for a person with the following skills:
- High level of literacy, numeracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in social media updating, ie Facebook and Twitter. (Training will be provided in updating the website.)
- Polite and friendly manner with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Ideally the young person will work on a Monday or Wednesday, but this is not set in stone and can be negotiated.
Responsible to: Administrator, Hope Street Ltd. (HSL)
HOURS: 72 hours to be worked over a 12 week period, ie one 6-hour day per week
DURATION OF CONTRACT: The post will start in April and end no later than 31st July 2015.
LOCATION: Hope Street Ltd, 24 Arrad Street, Liverpool, L7 7BP, and locations within the Liverpool City Region, according to programme described.
PAYMENT: £4.17 per hour for 16-17 year olds and £5.13 for 18 year olds
Apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org stating:
– why you are interested in this position
– how it will assist you in your career plans
– how you meet the personnel specification
Please limit your application to one side of A4.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday 19th March 2015.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held during the week beginning 30th March 2015.
For further information please visit:
This opportunity is provided by Curious Minds as part of their Trailblaze project.
Trailblaze is part of their offer to give young people the opportunity to gain valuable part-time paid experience in a role that is tailored to their needs and aspirations. Throughout their placement young people will be encouraged and supported to network with other Trailblaze Trainees and work towards vocational and academic qualifications to enhance their CV.
 The Curious Minds project is not to be confused with Hope Street Ltd’s Trailblazers project.