UCLan would be delighted if your school would consider bringing a group of your students (Year 9+) along to the UCLan Degree Show. As always, there will be extensive exhibitions in architecture, design, fashion and fine art. Plus this year there are performance showcases and media taster sessions too.
The dance, theatre and music performances are:
· Perpetual Motion: by BA (Hons) Dance Performance and Teaching undergraduates
· Mercury Complex – My mother told me I could be anything… I chose Freddie Mercury: by Lindsay Bennett, a student on BA (Hons) Contemporary Theatre and Performance
· Future Sound Echo: a reprise of a selection of BA (Hons) Music Practice students’ original work as premiered at Future Sound 2014
There will be media taster sessions each running for 20-30 minutes. The sessions will provide hands-on activities in journalism, media technology and media practice. Sessions include:
· Reading the news; sports journalism bootcamp; making a book come to life; flying a drone for real; pitching an idea for a magazine
· Making a TV show; data mapping
· Photo me; Comic Relief as a television spectacle; transborder films.
The guided tours for school and college groups are available on Tuesday 17 June and Thursday 19 June between 9.00am-6.00pm. Advance booking is essential so that a tailor made programme can be put together to match your students’ creative interests. Please see the school and college section on the Creative Focus website for more information.
You can register for a guided tour online or by calling 01772 894106.
In addition to the guided tours in June, there are many more events taking place in May too. These might also be of interest to your students. In particular, Future Sound, Swerve, Cathedrals, Vanishing Point, Infuse and the Prime Photography Exhibition.
The University holds a variety of events throughout the year, many of which are open to businesses, organisations and the general public…