The Thriving Child In The NorthJuly 19, 2019
We’re Recruiting Culture & Arts Schools ExpertsAugust 8, 2019
Arts Council England announces the latest schools achieving Artsmark Award status, including 13 in the North West.Curious Minds is delighted to congratulate the very latest group of North West schools to achieve Artsmark status.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools; accredited by Arts Council England and awarded to schools which actively champion high quality art and cultural education within their curriculum. Culture and creativity increases pupils’ confidence, critical thinking, communication and literacy skills, improving attainment and bringing core subjects to life.
In order to achieve Artsmark status, these schools have demonstrated their commitment to incorporating art and culture into every student’s life and learning, as well as showing ambitious plans for the future. They will now continue their journey with the support of Curious Minds.
Over 700 schools across the region are on their Artsmark journey, either having received their award or working towards it.
The 13 most recently levelled North West schools are:
- Distington Community School, Workington - Gold
- Emmaus Church of England and Catholic Primary School, Liverpool - Gold
- Evelyn Street Community Primary School, Warrington - Gold
- North Chadderton School, Oldham - Gold
- Notre Dame Catholic College, Liverpool - Gold
- Penkford School, Newton-le-Willows - Gold
- Ridgewood Community High School, Burnley - Gold
- Alexandra Park Primary School, Stockport - Silver
- Colne Primet Academy, Colne - Silver
- Grosvenor Road Primary School, Manchester - Silver
- St Silas Church of England Primary School, Liverpool - Silver
- St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School, St. Helens - Silver
- Wennington Hall School, Lancaster - Silver