LCEPs North: A perspective from the WestFebruary 6, 2018
We’re RecruitingFebruary 13, 2018
Eleven North West Schools celebrate Artsmark Award status
Curious Minds is delighted to congratulate the latest group of North West schools to achieve Artsmark status.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools; accredited by Arts Council England and awarded to schools which actively champion high quality art and cultural education within their curriculum. Culture and creativity increases pupils’ confidence, critical thinking, communication and literacy skills, improving attainment and bringing core subjects to life.
In order to achieve Artsmark status, these schools have demonstrated their commitment to incorporating art and culture into every student’s life and learning, as well as showing ambitious plans for the future. They will now continue their journey with the support of Curious Minds.
Over 540 schools across the region are on their Artsmark journey, either having received their award, or working towards it.
The 11 most recently levelled North West schools are:
- Bleak Hill Primary School – Gold
- Christ Church CE Controlled Primary School – Gold
- Great Sankey High School – Gold
- Leamington Community Primary School – Gold
- Roundthorn Primary Academy – Gold
- Weatherhead High School – Gold
- Oakfield Community Primary School – Silver
- St Paul’s CofE Junior School – Silver
- St Thomas More Catholic High School – Silver
- Sudley Infant School – Silver
- Wharton CofE Primary School – Silver
Well done to all the newly awarded Artsmark settings for your hard work, dedication and commitment to arts and cultural education.