Curious Thoughts: Learning About CultureOctober 19, 2017
Curious Minds Wins CYP Now AwardNovember 24, 2017
Our partner Blaze is recruiting for two vacancies for its 'Blaze Transformers' project.
The ‘Blaze Transformers’ is in its second phase after a 3 month pilot programme of youth engagement with the Harris’ rich heritage, supported by HLF Sharing Heritage. It is delivered by Blaze, a youth-led organisation with a strong track record of work across Lancashire developing the next generation of cultural leaders and artists.
The Harris Transformers have identified areas of the Harris they want to influence and respond to with project ideas. They have spent time thinking about what heritage means to them and what they would like to focus on as part of a longer engagement with the museum. Their pilot project has sharpened their focus to three key themes that they would like to develop, culminating in an interactive sharing event for the public.
As a result of the project, the Harris Transformers want to:
- Develop skills for young people in heritage, including sharing heritage, leadership, digital and project management skills.
- Share the groups reinterpretation of heritage in creative, exciting and accessible ways to the public
- Change young people’s attitudes towards the Harris and its heritage through fun and excitable workshop and project opportunities led by Harris Transformers
- Learn and develop skills from curators, historians and other museum experts
- Reinterpret and explain objects and archives in the Harris’ in ways young people are more likely to engage with
- Record oral histories about Preston’s love for the Harris and it’s heritage that will be showcased in a unique and creative way
Blaze is looking to recruit a Youth Facilitator and a Project Coordinator for the project. Details for the roles can be found in the briefs below.
It is not necessary to enclose a CV
Deadline: 13th Nov 2017, 10am.
Interviews will be held on Monday 27th November at Curious Minds, Preston.