Artsmark: Newly Awarded SchoolsFebruary 9, 2018
Invitation: Evidence ChampionsFebruary 21, 2018
We're looking for a Cultural Education Manager
Curious Minds, the North West’s sector support organisation for cultural and creative education. Our team includes experts from across the worlds of culture, heritage, education and young people’s services. As Arts Council England’s regional Bridge organisation we are working across the North West to support cultural organisations, schools and other providers of children services to take on The Cultural Education Challenge.
We require a Cultural Education Manager to help us achieve the mission of ensuring all children and young people have access to great art and culture.
This post-holder will be involved in a broad range of programmes and initiatives and needs to be a flexible and passionate project manager.
Their first 18 months will largely be spent helping us in our Bridge role to develop and grow Local Cultural Education Partnerships in Lancashire and Greater Manchester. These multi-sector partnerships bring people together to explore how arts and culture can improve outcomes for children and young people in their local area.
We need someone who:
- Is a passionate and credible advocate for cultural education and the impact it can have on children and young people
- Enjoys (and has a good track record in) building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders from a variety of sectors, and supporting partnership working
- Is a confident trainer and/or facilitator, and is comfortable presenting to small and large groups
- Can take on a complex and varied role, with excellent time management and organisational skills
- Is able and willing to travel regularly throughout the North West of England (using a car or public transport)
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their knowledge and understanding of innovation and best practice in cultural education, to work as part of a supportive and expert team, and make a real difference to the lives of children and young people in the North West.
Curious Minds is based in Preston but our team live and work across the North West. The post involves working some set days each week within the Preston office, as well as region-wide travel and opportunities for home working.
For more information, read the full job description
Download our application form
Any questions about the vacancy? Please contact Hannah Baldwin
Deadline for applications : 12 noon, Friday 16th March
Interviews will take place on Thursday 29th March in Preston