Who We Are
- Staff Meet the team who work for Curious Minds.
- Blog Read the blog from the staff and colleagues of Curious Minds
- Contact Contact us at our offices in Burnley
- Register Register to receive the latest news from Curious Minds and the arts and culture world
- Board of Trustees Find out who’s who on our Board of Trustees
- History The establishment of Curious Minds as an independent Company Limited by Guarantee and Registered Charity.
What We Do
- Bridge Organisation Connecting young people with great arts and culture
- Information, communication and advocacy a more joined up approach, streamlining information and championing innovative methods of communicating information.
- Engagement looking at issues around access and inclusion and sharing great models already working on the ground.
- Bridge Development Groups Bridge Development Groups
- Achievement & Arts Award all young people do have genuine access to progression and talent development opportunities
- Quality and Artsmark providing quality experiences for children and young people and encouraging schools and other education settings to work in partnership with quality arts organisations and practitioners.
- Arts Award A national qualification that supports young people to develop as artists and arts leaders.
- Artsmark The national programme that enables schools, further education colleges and youth justice settings to evaluate, celebrate and strengthen a quality arts offer.
- Funding Advice support for grassroots organisations who use the arts to work with children and young people
- Action Learning Curious Minds are hosting Action Learning sets delivered by experienced facilitators in each of the North West sub-regions
- Services for Schools Curious Minds offer for schools for the 2011-12 academic year and more
- Membership Network Curious Minds Schools Membership Network
- Previous Projects and Programmes An overview of the programmes, projects and activities delivered by Curious Minds in the past.
- The highlights of fantastic work carried out for, by and with children and young people during 2012 in the North West The highlights of fantastic work carried out for, by and with children and young people during 2012 in the North West
- State of the Region - North West exploring the needs, barriers and potential in connecting children and young people, schools and communities with arts and culture
- Sources of Funding This resource lists some of the main sources of funding for work with children and young people in the UK.
- Creative Learning and the New OFSTED Framework how and why creativity is still very much at the heart of the new OFSTED framework
- Developing Different Voices - Publication celebrate the range and diversity of Creative Partnerships work that took place in schools with a special educational needs focus.
- Our Impact Curious Minds' impact in schools
- Case Studies An online database of case studies from the Curious Minds’ programmes.
- Safeguarding Policy Download Curious Minds Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct
- Videos and Films
- E-bulletin Archive Here we list the e-bulletins we have sent out to our stakeholders in the past.
- Logo downloads Download funding logos related to Curious Minds and the programmes that are delivered.
- Fishing for the Future - Publication ‘How do we maximise and sustain future leadership capacity in our schools?’
- Curious Stories Curious Stories from Curious Minds on sale now
Curious Minds and Sector News
- News from the arts and culture sector 2013
- News from Curious Minds 2013
- Jobs And Opportunities
- New Funding Resource For Grassroots Organisations New Funding Resource For Grassroots Organisations
- Creative Schools North West – Thrive in cost cutting times
- Leading the Leaders Seminars
- Curious Debates - Progression
- Creative Schools North West – Journeys Through Journals
- NW Artsmark Training For Schools
- Arts and Culture Advocacy: Mission Possible
- Smooth Transitions - Cheshire East Schools Event
- Curious Agents Discuss Their Work
- The Curious World of an Arts and Culture Advocate
- Dey Do DaDa Don’t Dey?
- “Making Space for Learning” - Case Study
- A Regional Access Fund for Young People’s Participatory Arts
- Interchange Event Review
- Techno-ABLE Project
- Invitation to Tender - Young Person’s Transport Research - Curious Minds
- Pompeii LIVE from the British Museum
- dot-art Schools Competition Launched
- Help Drake Music Shine a Spotlight on SEND Music Education
- The Family Arts Campaign
- Events for Schools: Manchester School of Art
- O2 Think Big Funding and Support
- Global Arts Projects from Creative Hands Foundation
- Political comedian Mark Thomas opens 'Art Of Protest' National Exhibition
- Chester Performs Call for Artists and Creative Collaborators
- Drama Approaches To Improving Children’s Wellbeing
- Peshkar Rich With Silver and Gold
- Blackpool Grand Theatre - A Case Study
- Cultural Education Partners - Knowsley
- School Case Study - Artsmark and Arts Award
- Cultural Education Partners - Rochdale
- Hannah Whitlow Gold Arts Award
- Liverpool’s Biggest LightNight Programme Announced
- Curious Agent - Emma Bush
- Introducing the new Digital Theatre Plus
- Pennine Lancashire Museums & Schools Programme - Update
- Big Ideas Start Here - I am Creative
- Curious Agent - Sue Reddish
- Blaze Learning Summit
- Schools Offer - Membership To The Artsmark Network!
- Arts Learning Consortium - Shaping Learning
- Are you planning to apply for DFE Summer School Funding?
- Are you in touch with schools that are planning to apply for Summer School Funding?
- Young Lancashire Training Events
- Writing Squad Application Open
- Preparing for Freelance Work with Young People in the Arts
- £7 million awarded to successful applicants to Catalyst Arts
- Wild Rumpus Commission
- Cheshire Cultural Marketplace for Schools
- Light Night Liverpool 2013
- Calling All Cheshire And Liverpool Teachers! Calling All Cheshire And Liverpool Teachers!
- Techno-able Project: The Learning So Far
- Funding Opportunity: Wolfson Foundation Schools Programme
- Creative Schools NW Event Review
- SEN Schools Funding: Tesco Charity Community Awards
- Ebb & Flo Half Term Activities
- Manchester International Festival invites you to LONG GRASS
- Artist Training With Global Link And More Music
- Ludus Dance Seeking Artistic Producer
- Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra Key Stage 1 Schools' Concerts
- Bridge Development Group Progression Event Overview
- Sad Farewell To Tina
- Complicite Creative Workshops
- Arts Award Case Study: Tameside Council Arts and Events Team
- Act Now! Artists of today, leaders of tomorrow.
- Young Writers and Photographers Needed!
- Curious Minds Seeking Curious Futures Co-ordinator
- DIGM - Fundraising and Business Development Manager
Artsmark is the national programme that enables schools, further education colleges and youth justice settings to; evaluate, celebrate and strengthen a quality arts offer.
From April 2012, Curious Minds started to operate as part of a national network of 10 Bridge Organisations, funded by Arts Council England to use their experience and expertise to regionally connect children and young people, schools and communities with art and culture.
A new focus of Artsmark is to support Arts Council England achieve the goal of ensuring every child and young person has the opportunity to experience the richness of the arts and culture.
Artsmark Support offer for Schools
If you are currently thinking of applying for Artsmark, mid-audit or mid application, Curious Minds have a range of free support you can access including one to one application-form support and bespoke advisory sessions for groups of teachers. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A limited schools offer - membership to the artsmark network.
Curious Minds are delighted to be one of 4 fabulous training agencies in the northwest helping schools to achieve artsmark.
In celebration of our new role we're feeling generous. So as a limited introductory offer, we're offering to pay for up to 20 schools who wish to join the network.
Once you are an Artsmark network member, you are eligible for two free places per school on any of the training days offered by Curious Minds and other Training Agencies throughout April, May and June 2013. It is only by becoming an Artsmark network member that you can access the online Artsmark application portal.
To benefit from this offer, you must be going on training or taking up the Curious Minds support visits offer and be ready to submit your application before the end of the summer term.
You can view all forthcoming training dates Here.
Give Curious Minds a ring on 01282 413574/ 07766 801 046. Alice Demba our Quality coordinator and Artsmark specialist will ask you for a few details and process your access to the network.